Sunday, June 24, 2012

Welcome to Chocolatine Boutique's Blog!


Chocolatine Boutique’s collections are designed and created by me, Nathalie. I was born and raised in beautiful France but moved to my second home, the US, a while ago. My story is fairly simple.  Everything started when I left THE very stressful corporate world where I worked as a Public Relations professional, and became a mother.  I searched for clothes with that little "French touch” to dress my first beautiful daughter Elena. Besides exported French name brands that cost a fortune in the U.S., I couldn’t find what I was looking for: beautiful, high quality, classy yet comfortable and fashionable clothing at a reasonable price... 

So I took my sewing machine and started designing, creating, and making dream clothes for my baby girl!  That way, I also re-connected with my first passion:  FASHION.  And another French baby was born in my life:  Chocolatine Boutique.

From embellishing to constructing, the possibilities in kids fashion are endless so my shop holds very versatile products such as basic baby wardrobe items (onesies, t-shirts, bloomers, rompers, etc...) but also special garnments for special occasions. Every product in my boutique has its own personal detail such as an applique, a French word, a French song, a French poem, a French quote...  

Today, my second daughter Alessandra is part of the dream as well.  Her personnality is so diffrerent than Elena's that both of them are true and complete inspirations to me.  They are Chocolatine Boutique's little muses, and occasionally little models.

Chocolatine Boutique's patterns are simple, which makes them timeless. My designs grow with the children. 

When I buy fabric, it is because I usually have a crush on the pattern. Each fabric reminds me of something that I have seen, read, heard, smelled or eaten. It can be a song, a painting, a place, a book, a person, an object, etc... Each piece in my shop tells a story, an emotion, something that will make your little one look unique. In addition, each piece might teach a French word (or two)!  

At Chocolatine Boutique, a strong emphasis is placed on beautiful fabric, handpicked in France, Belgium and in the United States.  I privilege natural fibers, good design, and finish.  All items are handmade by me.

But what exactly is a Chocolatine?… Chocolatine is the name given to chocolate croissants in Southwest France and in Quebec. Consisting of a cuboid-shaped piece of light and flaky yeast-leavened dough, it contains a strip of “chocolat” that melts in the mouth. French “Mamans” (Moms) buy them warm at the local “boulangeries” (bakeries) for their little ones, who typically eat them coming back from school as an afternoon snack called “le goĆ»ter.”


Une Chocolatine





No comments:

Post a Comment